I have been sending international copies of all the communications that has been going on. I found myself getting disappointed because I was not getting any responses from them. Yesterday I received a letter from International (Click Here to see) commenting about the first letter I had mailed to them. This tells me that our International is watching. It appears the International is a little behind in time and is just getting the stuff that I sent in January. This means they still have not seen the stuff sent in late February and early March. So International is watch and they are replying back to me. Today I am sending off another letter to them to keep them informed.
Below is a copy of what I have sent:
Dear President Lawrence Hanley:
I want to thank you very much for your reply. Many things have happened since my letter to you dated January 25th, 2011. I have mailed you another letter on March 1st, 2011 along with a copy of a letter that President Jonathan Hunt mailed to six (6) members dated February 2nd, 2011. President Hunt had denied me my Union Constitutional right to present this to the membership and He sent a copy of the charges and the list of names and signatures to the member being charged. The member being charged then filed an HR complaint and released the list of names and signatures to HR. Both the member being charged and HR made contact with members from that list. The member being charged stated “After being called up to HR, I'm willing to bet most of those people were embarrassed at having to go through that process.” A total of fourteen (14) members signed the signature list.
President Hunt then advised me that it is the responsibility of the filer to serve the Union and the member being charged. I found this to be quite challenging because at the time I did not know the member’s address. After communications with HR I was not going to present the member with a copy of the charges anywhere around the work place. Lucky enough I was able to locate her address online. I have filed a second preferring of charges and this time I sent a copy by certified mail to our Union office and the member being charged. I wrote the Union office name and address as the return address on the letter sent to the member. The member refused the letter because it was not on official ATU757 letter stock and accused me of harassment. To have the member professionally served it will cost $50. After going public about all the actions I have been required to take, President Hunt has now advised me that the Union office will mail a copy of the charges including the signatures to the member. So again that list of names is at risk of retaliation. I do not understand the releasing of signatures other than allowing retaliation and instilling fear in members about signing union documents.
It has been acknowledged that my second filing will be presented to the membership in April’s charter meeting. Because of the strong resistance I have received from our local Union officers, I fear that this is as far as it is going to get. We have many properties and our meetings are spread far away. I feel that I will not be able to attend many of the meetings due to my work schedule. I feel the officer’s will push to vote against any action. Our voting process has very little security protocols and I feel that officers will be able to alter the outcome to their desire. I apologize for having such little faith in our current system but from what has been demonstrated from our current officers I have been very discouraged. I will be surprised if I get 60% approval from our members with all these factors.
I will keep you posted as the events unfold and will continue to do my best. I have attached a copy of an email I had sent to the membership addressing the denial letter of my first filing along with a copy of an email response President Hunt sent out. I understand how busy you are and there are many stronger events going on that requires more of your attention. I feel all issues are important to address (big or small) when it deals with any or all of our members. You have shown me a lot of respect by addressing my letter and many members will be happy to see that our International does take all matters seriously.
No comments:
Post a Comment