Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hunt's Clarificaiton letter Part 1 - My Reply

Jon states: “The Union NEVER gives a member’s address to another member. Had you asked and, you did not, the Union would have mailed your charges to Sister Fox.”

My Comment: In a meeting on January 21st, 2011 President Hunt commented to me that our Constitution states that the filer is responsible for providing copies to the union and the member being charged. I commented saying it makes things hard beings that I did not know her address. Hunt advised that you will have to look in to the Constitution and that is how He understood it. With his comments and knowing the fact that member information is strictly protected I knew better to ask for the address. I did not know the union would mail it for me and he failed to advise me at that time. When I submitted the second filing it clearly states how I was intending to send a copy to the member being charged and again I was not advised that the office would send it for me. When the member being charged refused the certified mail and requested that ATU757 file with her to the post office about my using the union address, I was not advised the union office would mail it for me. Three (3) opportunities to advise me of this, that information was withheld. When I took this public, President Hunt replied with his clarification letter and that was the first time I learned of that option.
            Nonfeasance means “The non-performance of some act which ought to be performed.” As defined by the ‘Lectric Law Library’s Lexicon.
Three times you did not perform an act to inform a member of proper union protocol when the role of an officer is to preserve. You had the knowledge that the way the member was doing it was causing financial injury to that member and you allowed it to continue.

No comments: