Jon states: “The Union offered mediation between yourself and Sister Fox. The Union even went as far as contacting a well-respected mediator, while he was on his vacation, to get his agreement to perform the mediation. Unfortunately, mediation is a voluntary process and both parties did not agree to mediate.”
Comment Jon made in email dated 01/17/11: “Would you be will to meet with me and or her to see if we can find another way to address these problems. Ron heintzman has also offerd to help. With get a meeting together with her to discuss a better way to do things.”
My email reply: “I will meet any time you request with whoever you feel should be involved in the meeting and I will talk about possible resolve.”
Comment Jon made in email dated 01/17/11: “Thanks Chris I will try and set it up ASAP I appreciate your willingness to meet.”
My comment: The statement “both parties did not agree to mediate” is misleading. The emails quoted above (full emails are on file and saved if needed to be viewed.) clearly show that I was willing to do as Jon advised. One part of the party was willing to mediate but as President Jon Hunt stated it takes two to mediate.
I am not sure why President Hunt just stated well-respected mediator rather than identifying him as Ron Heintzman. As I study my notes I am under the impression that Ron Heintzman was our local President at one time. My notes also indicate that Ellen Fox was involved with his election campaign for local president and that Ron Heintzman was one of the key people fighting to get Ellen’s job back. I feel this is some key information to be aware of and to question if he would have been a good neutral mediator.
No comments:
Post a Comment