Tuesday, May 3, 2011

ATU757 2012 Election Campaign

                I Christopher Day am announcing my intentions to campaign for the presidential position. Though the election is a year away, I am taking this opportunity to gather support for a successful campaign. My top priority is to create transparency, communication and training within our Union. The goal is to improve the functionality of our Union with today’s technologies and to assure that all members have the tools to view documents of our Unions operations.

                At this time Unions are facing many challenges, the need to update and build a stronger member is at hand. With almost 5,000 members spread throughout Oregon and South West Washington the need for solidarity is even greater than before. Using tools that allows transparency, communication and training will permit each member the option of being as involved as they want to be. Even with great distances between us we can work as a team to solve and improve Union issues. For too long information has been selectively shared and filtered. It is time for our Union to open up and allow the members full access to the activities within our membership.

                I am working hard at creating an interactive, secure website that will allow members to securely login and have access to many tools. These tools will include the ability to view all receipts, to report issues or events, to communicate and receive follow up with an officer, to view contracts and compare proposed changes, to comment on contracts, to stay current with events, to see the areas that officers and shop stewards represent, to take online training classes to improve your skills, and much more. At this time the website is under construction and it is very basic. As I learn more about scripting I will continue to improve the site. Currently the registration and updating your contact information is functioning and more will be added soon. Feel free to keep track of the site as it improves. You can locate the website at http://www.atu757.info I am also using the same model for the Black Caucus website located at http://www.atu757bc.org.

                I will keep you posted as events come up and as tools are developed. This is a very important election coming up; members are in need to have as much information as possible about the candidates that want to represent them. I hope you keep an eye on me and give me the opportunity to get your support.

Thank you
Christopher Day

No comments: